The Cherry Brook Garden Club is a noprofit organization whose purpose is:
- To stimulate a greater interest in and knowledge of the artistic arrangement of plants, flowers and vegetables
- To encourage the growth and preservation of our trees and wild flowers
- To give our aid and protection to native birds
- To participate in civic beautification projects around the Town of Canton
Member Benefits Include:
- Opportunities to learn from featured speakers in the areas of floral arrangement, horticultural design and conservation
- Fellowship for its members through a common interest in gardening and the beautification of our community.
- Special trips and related activities to unique nurseries, historic gardens and flower shows.
- Horticultural and floral design workshops.
- Affiliation with several state and national gardening organizations such as the Federated Garden Club of CT, Inc.
- Venue to explore creative aspects of ife as a gardener.
- Attend the monthly meetings
- Pay annual membership dues
- Active members are expected to host or co-host one meeting during the year (This entails making or buying snacks and setting up a table with some decorations pertaining to the season.)
- Participate in spring luncheon and silent auction
- Active members are expected to participate in all club activities and hold office if asked
- Donate time as needed for local civic projects as voted upon each year
Becoming a Member:
- Please contact Laura Frascarelli with questions ( or 860 352 2405)
- Or come to one of our meetings!