- To stimulate a greater interest in and knowledge of the artistic
arrangement of plants, flowers and vegetables.
- To encourage the growth and preservation of our trees and wild flowers
- To give our aid and protection to native birds.
- To participate in civic beautification projects around the Town of Canton.
- Opportunities to learn from featured speakers in the areas of floral
arrangement, horticultural design and conservation.
- Fellowship for its members through a common interest in gardening and
the beautification of our community.
- Special trips and related activities to unique nurseries, historic gardens
and flower shows.
- Horticultural and floral design workshops.
- Affiliation with several state and national gardening organizations such as
the Federated Garden Club of CT, Inc.
- Venue to explore creative aspects of life as a gardener.
- Attend the monthly business meetings/presentations
- Pay annual membership dues
- Active members are expected to co-host one meeting during the
year (This entails making or buying snacks and setting up a table with
some decorations pertaining to the season.)
- Participate in club events
Want to find out how to become a member? Send an email to email@example.com or join us at a monthly meeting/presentation. Our regular monthly meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month from September-April at the Canton Community Center.